Wednesday, November 18, 2009

on our way out

Today we droped off our new friends in central cameroon and headed for Benin. I was realy Quite an easy day. Yes we hagled with a few officals, but that is old hat by now. We are staying at a nice hotel with a pool and plenty of AC. In the morning we are flying back to the Canary Islands via Mali, 1700 mile and 8 hours of travel.We ahd a woulderful time hepling out the doctors of this most needy of continents. I have to say that a part of me is looking forward to the west. mainly the part that likes clean jet fuel and runways with not goat crap. We will not soon forget the wounderful people we met and the work that they do. I bet the canary islands sounds very good to you folks in Denver. Randy

1 comment:

  1. You guys have done a wonderful service, and I'm sure it has been a heck of an adventure as well--good and bad. I can not even imagine what it would be like to live, or work, in conditions like that. Although I disagree with those folks' beliefs, I certainly salute them for their caring and the good work they are doing. Thank you for the fascinating updates so far, and look forward to more blogs on the way back. Have a wonderful trip with home--and no more adventures!

    ReplyDelete